Living in Korea | Moving in South Korea with Wonderful
Updated: May 17, 2019
Living the life of an Expat in South Korea means there is a high chance you will have to deal with moving houses at some point. Finding a moving company and communicating with Korean businesses can be a nightmare when you do not speak the language, especially when it comes to negotiating the price. Price quotes from moving companies depend on a variety of factors such as whether your building has an elevator or not, if you need a ride in the moving truck, if you need to disassemble the furniture etc. If you leave out any information, most of the time you will be asked to pay an extra fee during the move which can lead to arguments and headaches. Having assisted with hundreds of moving requests, Wonderful can help arrange for a moving service and make sure your experience goes smoothly and hassle free.
If you would like our assistance with moving or have questions, please contact our agents on kakao, facebook or email and provide the following information so we can pull an accurate quote.
Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/gowonderfully
1. When is the moving date/time?
2. Where are you moving from/to? (Please give us exact addresses)
3. What floor are you moving from? Does the building have an elevator?
4. What floor are you moving to? Does the new building have an elevator?
5. How much furniture/luggage/items do you have? (Items need to be listed)
6. Do you need a ride to the new building in the moving truck? (Additional charge)
7. Is there any furniture that needs to be disassembled?
8. Will you be physically be moving your own items?
9. Will you need additional physical help to move or pack your items?
10. Please send us pictures of your items to avoid extra charges from the vendor on site.
Wonderful can help with both moving within Korea and moving abroad. If you feel you will not be taking some items with you, we would be happy to assist you with donating or disposing them. When disposing of furniture and electric appliances, we can help with purchasing the required disposal stickers that you will need from the local government. A disposal service will then come to your address (you can select the date) and pick them up. Throwing away big items without first purchasing stickers will result in a penalty from the local government office.
One other "must do" activity that is related to moving and can be an extra burden is having your new house/apartment cleaned before you move in. Need help with that? Wonderful assistants can arrange for a team of cleaners to do a thorough deep clean before you arrive, saving you time and energy.
Chat instantly with professional assistants to get anything done quickly and seamlessly.
You might also find these links useful: